<< First  < Prev   1   2   3   4   Next >  Last >> 
  • Thursday, April 22, 2021 6:00 PM | Glen Meiring (Administrator)

    Present: Ryan Weaver (pres), Rick Rowland (treasurer), Glen Meiring (secretary)

    Joe Priebe, Loren Stattler, Garrett Van Dyke, Ben Wolak, Kyle Selhorst, Kim Strickland, Mike Whitescarver, Hank Povolny, Andy Abreu, Steve Cechner, Joe Deaton, Ron Smolinski, Jim Marlowe, J.P. ??


    Guests: Jim Barron - 419-836-5856, vdtseal88@aol.com;

    Mason, Austin, Trey, Noah (Terra State Drone Club)


    Thomas Winston President, Joe Cappell (Toledo Lucas County Port Authority)




    Introductions - Pres Weaver


    Steve Cechner announced Young Eagle Workshop on June 19 - Fulton County and Also sometime in July at EAA582.


    Presentation - Joe Cappell, Toledo Lucas County Port Authority

    Introduced Thomas Winston - President and CEO or Port Authority


    Joe Gave a presentation on the state of Port Authority, status of the two airports and discussed the types of operations taking place.

    • Amazon Air launching Pinnacle Logistics
    • Sun Country flying 1 flight per day.  Expecting to add another flight soon.


    Q&A - Mr. Winston sees EAA 582 as a gem.  Would like to continue to work with us


    $4 per passenger charged to airlines at Toledo Express - goes to airport budget, about $10M per year.


    What is Crow's responsibility at Toledo Exec? - They provide management services.  The port operates the airport.



  • Sunday, February 07, 2021 8:00 PM | Glen Meiring (Administrator)

    Meeting was had during Friday HATH.


    Pres Ryan Weaver, VP Todd Shaw, Treas Rick Rowland, Sec Glen Meiring

    Directors: Joe Deaton; Joe Priebe; Bill Elvey


    Others: Dave Horvath; Tony Krncevic (Toledo Cars and Coffee director); TJ Swigart (briefly)


    Business: 

    • Todd Shaw and Glen Meiring raised the proposal to buy a "portable" paint booth.  After a small project to cover the vertical stabilizer on the Pietenpol they were asked if they wanted to do a set of wings for / with Dan Blair.  They say that would be too stinky to do indoors in the winter ... unless we had a paint booth.
      • The unit should be capable of being used indoors.  It has carbon filters that claim to remove the vapors.
      • It also supports venting outside if we want to.
      • TJ Swigart said he likes the idea and would donate
      • Joe Deaton says he would dontate.
      • A considerable discussion was had about benefits, features, etc. 
      • Members could borrow
      • Should there be a donation to use?
      • It was agreed we could figure out the requirements to borrow the thing after we get it.
      •  
      • The purchase up to about $2000 was approved unanimously.
      • Anyone wanting to donate can do so after it is purchased.
      • Todd will do some more research before buying
      • Glen has previously talked to Heath Seckinger who owns an auto body and paint accessories business.  Heath is researching.
    • Cars Planes & Coffee
      • Sunday July 11th, 9am 
      • Date chosen to following an event Tony has on The second Saturday of July which attracts people from all over.
      • Tony has a wide Facebook he can advertise to OR a smaller email group.  Which would we like?  Decided on the smaller, more predictable email group this time.  Tony estimates 50 to 75 cars (I think??).
      • Glen mentioned that it's cool to have the cars on the 'inside' of the row of hangars.  We could park on the ramps and on the north side of the taxiway.  Airplanes could park on the south side of the taxiway.
      • We'll sell airplane rides.  See Bill David to set up 
      • We'll sell breakfast and lunch.
      • Rain Date 7/17
    • When Pigs Fly event - TBD

    Joe Deaton had a list of suggestions for events throughout the year.

    • Pancake breakfasts.  
      • Maybe 2nd Sat of the months over the summer.  
      • Just pancakes and sausage
      • Deaton says he thinks Mike Whitescarver may be willing to lead the events.
    •  HATH - should we advertise on flying websites?
      • We discussed how big do we want HATH to be.  Should we only choose a few dates?
      • Decided to post the whole summer.  This should spread out the demand instead of a few larger events.
    • Poker run.  Should be members only.  Deaton will run it.
    • Photography day
    • Builders meetings
    • Spaghetti dinner.  Says we should sell tickets.  It's cheap and easy.  Typically a fall thing.
    • Holiday party
    • Flyouts.  Joe has a list of locations 
    • Kitchen trailer remodel.  Suggests we bring it in the hangar and do some repairs and upgrades.

    Glen raised the concern as to whether we can do all these events.  Who would run them?  Ryan mentioned, and the general consensus is, we can plan as many as possible and we'll do what we can.  Seems acceptable.





  • Thursday, January 28, 2021 6:30 PM | Glen Meiring (Administrator)

    Pres Ryan Weaver, VP Todd Shaw, Treas Rick Rowland

    Mike Whitescarver, Joe Priebe, Hank Povolny, Bill Elvey, Jack Miller, Kim Strickland


    Non Members: Aaron Holmes, Jacob Shcabel, Ken Hirt, Dottie Patrick


    Dinner


    Scheduled speaker, Eric Barnum, cancelled due to COVID concerns.


    Dottie Patrick, lifelong pilot, now 90+ years old, encouraged by Ken Hirt, gave an impromptu presentation, telling piloting stories from her lifetime.  This was a "happy surprise" since our speaker cancelled.


    Ryan Weaver proposed some events and activities for the calendar.

    • Flyout
    • Award Banquet
    • Spot landing contest
    • Bomb Drop
    • Poker Run
    • STOL competition

    Note all events are pending due to COVID-19, ie: Awards Banquet & Father's day weekend (Plane Fun)


      Ryan asked for other suggestions

    • Aaron Homles - says we should make a visit to B.G. aviation center.
    • Rick Rowland - mentioned the Ride Board 


    Rick Rowland gave a Treasurer's report

    • Expenses: ~$19K
      • Normal expenses, about $14K
      • Simulator, $3000
    • Income: ~$25K
      • $4600 from HATH
      • $6000 from sale of Dave Schessler's engine
      • $1200 from sale of Dave Schessler's airframe
      • $3000 from simulator donations.
    • Bank Balance ~$28K


    Donation received from Mike Whitescarver for usage of prop balancer


    Dave Hirt paid dues to join.



  • Friday, January 08, 2021 7:00 PM | Glen Meiring (Administrator)

    BOD Meeting held during Friday HATH event.


    President Ryan Weaver appointed the following directors and they have all accepted: Bill David; Joe Deaton; Joe Priebe; Bill Elvey


    Present:

    Pres Ryan Weaver; VP Todd Shaw; Treas Rick Rowland; Sec Glen Meiring

    Directors: Joe Deaton; Joe Priebe; Bill Elvey


    Ryan Weaver: 

    • Read the bylaws aloud, summarizing some parts
      • Some parts need updated: Quorum, Meeting dates / Times; Address; Classifications, etc. 
      • Glen Meiring will review and update.  Will put the revision up for approval as specified in the Bylaws.
    • Discussed possible events for this year
      • Awards Banquet - TBD
        • Glen noted that EAA has a speaker's bureau that you can search for speakers.
      • Pancake breakfast in April
      • Newsletter including upcoming events - Deaton is pretty much doing this with the Weekly Flyer


    Business:

    • Deaton proposed we reinstate the Life membership for Robert Robson (Mayor Bob).  Bob was given a life membership by, then president, Bill Hirzel, and witness by several folks, for his contributions building the hangar, etc..  A later president, Tom Park, did not recognize this membership because "it was not written down".  Bob was disenfranchised for several years.
      • The motion was unanimously approved.
    • Review and update bylaws - Glen Meiring
    • Rick Rowland proposed the idea for a "Ride Board" where pilots and passengers can find each other.
    • Backflow preventer inspection - Deaton usually gets a letter from Wood County about this time of year.  We'll wait for the letter.
    • Rick Rowland mentioned that his quickbooks backups to the Google Drive don't appear to be working.  Will get with Cechner or Glen.






  • Sunday, December 13, 2020 12:00 AM | Glen Meiring (Administrator)

    Members were notified by email on 12/1/2020 that a poll was established on the chapter website (https://eaachapter582.wildapricot.org/admin/members/polls/details/20261/view/general/). 

    Members were invited to vote for nominees.


    President: Ryan Weaver

    Vice President: Todd Shaw

    Treasurer: Rick Rowland

    Secretary: Glen Meiring or Andy Abreu


    The poll was closed on 12/13/2020. 


    Results: 

    President: Ryan Weaver: 21 votes

    Vice President: Todd Shaw: 21 votes

    Treasurer: Rick Rowland: 21 votes

    Secretary:

    Glen Meiring: 17 votes

    Andy Abreu: 4 votes.





  • Thursday, October 15, 2020 6:30 PM | Glen Meiring (Administrator)

    Members Present: Not recorded


    Visitors: 

    Don Kleeberger


    Chapter Business:

    Treasurer Rick Rowland gave a treasurers report.

    Glen Meiring introduced speaker


    Speaker:

    Travis Chapin.  Video posted to YouTube here: https://youtu.be/4JtzU4rlByI

  • Thursday, March 19, 2020 6:30 PM | Glen Meiring (Administrator)

    Due to COVID-19, meetings were cancelled for several months.



  • Thursday, February 20, 2020 6:30 PM | Glen Meiring (Administrator)


    Members Present: Not recorded


    Visitors:

    Dave Sniffen

    John Eckleberry

    Kyle Selhorst

    Garret VanDyke

    Seth Brady

    Joanie Kitchen



    Dinner: Members enjoyed dinner from Carolyn's catering.


    Chapter Business: 

    Award banquet coming up.


    Speaker / Content:

    We watched the monthly EAA chapter video magazine.

  • Thursday, January 16, 2020 6:30 PM | Glen Meiring (Administrator)

    Members present:  Not recorded


    Chapter Business:

    There was little chapter business discussed.  President Bill David had some general remarks and introduced the speaker.



    Speaker: Captain Joe Rehm, King Air pilot and flight instructor extraordinaire.


    His topics for discussion were of interest to instrument pilots and wannabes in the understanding and execution of determining the different types of RNAV approach minimums along with other procedural information on this subject.  


    Also, the captain discussed the ins and outs of the ADSB compliance requirements for flight in our nations airspace.



  • Thursday, November 21, 2019 6:30 PM | Glen Meiring (Administrator)

    23 People in attendance 


    Members: Bill David (Pres), John Kurfess (VP), Glen Meiring (secretary), Rick Rowland (treasurer), Rich Scherfeld, TJ Swigart, Todd Shaw, Corey Stulpin, Bill Elvey, George Roush, Casey Putsch, Korbin Friend, Mike Whitescarver, Andy Abreu, Rick Lederman, Ron Smolinski, Joe Preebe, Eric Barnum, Hank Povolny


    Visitors: 

    Taylor Putsch (Genius Garage)

    Brock (Genius Garage)

    Lucas

    Chuck Smith





    Bill David (President) Presenting: 


    Bill would like to talk about the state of the chapter.  Where we are and things that have happened over the last year or so.


    Taxes: 

    • Bill met with Port Authority and signed agreement as mentioned in previous meetings. 
    • We have about $40k in back taxes due.
    • We now rent from the Port Authority.  Port would have assumed ownership in about 6 years anyway.  Rent was about $130/month.  Now will be $500/month to cover back taxes.
    • Lease says we are still technically responsible for taxes.  However Port is seeking tax exemption for whole airport and they think it will be legally easy to do.
    • Previous verbal discussion said that lease will "snap back" to current rental rates when back taxes were paid, about 10 years.  However, there is no snap back clause in agreement.

    Comments:

    Eric Barnum - he believes that we will need to send a letter once per year expressing our intent to renew the lease.  The letter will need sent once per year.


    George Roush - Do we have to have insurance?  We believe on contents only since Port now owns the hangar.  Read lease to be sure.


    Other airport tenants, Eric Barnum and TJ, agree this was a good deal with the Port.


    Simulator:


    • Simulator bay has come a long way.  The bay has been mocked up nicely.
    • Mike Digby is looking into BATD certification which would allow logging some of the time on the simulator.

    Korbin Friend has been working on the system and discussed the state of the system: 

    • Consider updating video card and computer.  Existing set up is several years old.
    • Would like to use the system to attract members from other chapters to use as well as new members.

    QRH:

    Bill presented the printed QRH (Quick Reference Handbook) of the chapter operations.  The book was designed similar to an airline QRH using the same binding materials.  Looks cool.  Contains all of the need-to-know information to run the chapter.  Will be good for future administrations to pick up and run the chapter.


    Tool Program:

    The tool program is up and running again.  It should be used when borrowing tools.  See https://eaachapter582.wildapricot.org/tools


    Calendar:

    Every week something is happening at the chapter.  First Thursday, IMC club; Second Thursday, VMC club; Third Thursday, Chapter meeting; Fourth Thursday, Youth night.


    Money Received:

    Recently, we have received ~5,500, combined, from TBLSACI (hangar use);  Doug Gibbs (hangar use); Joe Deaton (when pigs fly)


    Elections:

    Seeking nominations for officer positions.  Bill David, Glen Meiring and Rick Rowland plan to run again.  John Kurfess (VP) is stepping aside.



    Initiatives of things we would like to do going forward: 


    Ride Board 

    • Publish openings for rides.  That is, if you're flying somewhere and you have an opening, post it for someone else to come along if they like.
    • If you need a safety pilot for IFR 

    Put up a sign: We would like to put a sign along the road to advertise our presence.


    Ambassador Program: Bill would like to visit other chapters to coordinate with.  He's offering the use of his airplane to go visit other area chapters.



     ---- Presentations by other Members ----


    Casey Putsch, Genius Garage

    Casey would like to team up with the 582nd to develop youth programs.  Not sure quite what that is yet but planning to work with Bill David to come up with something.


    Casey announced that Genius Garage has some big things happening.  He can't talk publicly yet.  Casey has been regularly posting to YouTube, https://www.youtube.com/user/putsch1.  This has gotten the attention of some folks and some good things are happening.


    Rick Lederman, Co-Director of Weak Signals Expo, "The Toledo Show Expo"

    The Toledo Show: R/C Model Expo, https://www.toledoshow.com/,  is North America‚Äôs largest and longest running R/C model expo.


    Expo is April 3rd, 4th and 5th, 2020.


    Rick has offered one or two FREE booths ($500 value per booth!) to the 582nd to promote what we do,  He is able to offer to us because we are a special interest group


    We will need people to be at the booth during the expo


    Ryan Weaver, Bill David - TBLSACI Dissolving

    TBLSACI will be going away.  It will be replaced by SAC, Sport Aviation Corps


    The so-called Flaire project will be renamed to ST-1p, Sport Trainer 1 (as in the first) with a 'p' for prototype.


    Bill presented SAC logos and aircraft paint scheme.



    Meeting concluded about 9:10pm



<< First  < Prev   1   2   3   4   Next >  Last >> 
© EAA Chapter 582
Powered by Wild Apricot Membership Software